01256 772104

6 Winchester Street, Overton, Hampshire. RG25 3HS


I'm a paragraph. Click here to add your own text and edit me. It's easy.

Care Act Advocacy

There are times when people need support in their lives to perform basic everyday tasks.

This may be the result of an impairment, illness, injury or as a consequence of older age.

The help they need is assessed by the Local Authority, which has a duty under the Care Act to perform this assessment.

If the person is found eligible for support, the Local Authority must devise a support plan, possibly pay for that support, and then review it on a regular basis.

If the person would have a substantial difficulty in taking part in these processes - and they have no one else appropriate to support them - they have the right to a Care Act Advocate who will support them through the process, and ensure that what is important to them is taken into account.

People who would have a substantial difficulty in taking part in the safeguarding adults process can also request a Care Act advocate.